Welcome my fellow passengers

If you feel like your emotions, feelings, entire bodies are cycling on a daily roller coaster, this is your safe place to share, vent, and maybe just help each other find the exit sign to these crazy rides most doctors and therapists refer to as Bipolar II/ a.k.a. Bipolar Depression.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Ripped off

At the amusement park, you pay big bucks to be amused, right? If you don't feel joyful and thrilled, you either feel like there is something wrong with the park or something wrong with you. You also feel ripped off.

Today was one of those days. I felt like I was in scenario after scenario--swimming and playing at the park with kids, catching up with friends, enjoying dinner with family where one typically feels good-great--maybe even energized. I was supposed to feel that way, but I didn't. I felt like a failure and I felt like everyone could notice.

I felt ripped off--a beautiful day--beautiful family--and my illness stole it from me.

On the flip-side, I continued my journey of doing at least one good thing for myself each day. I stayed open to letting a new friend into my life today instead of burying my head in the sand or pool towel as it may be. Please be good to yourself....

No comments:

Post a Comment